Avery

Lilypie

Rhett

Lilypie

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thing #8

I really like the RSS feed using Google Reader! Of course all of the feeds that I subsribed to are not educational, US Weekly, but the idea is really cool! I think this tool can be used when I become a librarian by subscribing to professional journals and other award sites. I think subscribing to author sites would also be beneficial. As far as my personal life, having these feeds all in one place will keep me from visiting site after site. Instead, I can just visit my Google Reader and find it all in one place. I really enjoyed this "Thing" because I have always wondered what that little orange symbol meant on web pages. Now I can use these feeds to my advantage.

1 comment:

  1. RSS Feeds are definitely the way to stay current on topics discussed in blogs, like technology, teaching, and library science. If you have an iTouch or iPhone there is an app that puts it right there in the palm of your hand! Talk about instant update! I am wondering if I need to make seperate RSS feeds for different topics of interest. Hmmm, maybe worth doing!

    ReplyDelete