Avery

Lilypie

Rhett

Lilypie

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thing #11

I created an account for LibraryThing. I was first introduced to this tool in my children's literature course but never visited the site. This is a great tool for keeping up with books that I own in my own personal collection and books that I have read or would like to read. I did not visit any other collections but would be curious to see how others rate some of the books that I've read. I will definately try to keep up with LibraryThing and will most likely visit some other's collections to see what books they recommend so that I can read some of them in my free time (of course I have so much of it right now!). I think as a librarian this would be a great tool for students and their parents to see what I have read and what I would like to read. Students love to know what their teachers are reading or want to read.

1 comment:

  1. I agree...my students are always asking me what I am reading. And I am usually borrowing books from them too! I love the social part of LibraryThing. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete