Avery

Lilypie

Rhett

Lilypie

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thing #2

After viewing the presentation over the 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Effective People, I have concluded that I am not very effective! The easiest habit for me is accepting responsibility for my own learning. I am aware that if I want or need to learn something then I have to take the initiative to make it happen. I don't wait for someone else to make it happen for me. The habit that is hardest for me to accept is viewing problems as challenges. I tend to view problems as problems rather than seeing them as a way to make me stronger. When all is said and done and the problem is solved, then I can look back and realize that it wasn't so bad. But initially, a problem is an obstacle that I am not always willing to view as a challenge. I still need to work on my habits!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are more effective than you think! anyone who works and goes to grad school plus whatever is in your personal life is effective by necessity! :-)

    I think you will become more comfortable with your challenge issue...you already conquered the avatar by sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete