Avery

Lilypie

Rhett

Lilypie

Friday, July 2, 2010

Thing #18

I had previously been introduced to Google Docs and found it very useful. For my other technology course, one of our assignments was to upload a two page paper that we wrote and share it with someone else in the class. That person then read the paper and left comments for us. I also read a little about Open Office and fiound this program very beneficial as well. There have been so many times that I have created something on my school computer and saved it on that network instead of a flash drive. I then got home and realized that I wanted to do something with it and couldn't. I think the idea of saving documents on the web is a very smart thing to do. The only issues that I have with this idea is someone hacking into my documents and deleting them or editing them. I know that in order to share a document with someone you have to invite them, but there are obviously people who could figure out how to get in there without the invite. I think it would be wise to save to a flash drive and Google Docs or Open Office just to be safe. Overall, whoever came up with these programs are geniouses!

No comments:

Post a Comment