Avery

Lilypie

Rhett

Lilypie

Friday, July 2, 2010

Thing #16

Before last fall, I had never even heard of wikis before. Kay McBride was the first instructor to introduce a wiki to me. I have not created one of my own, but know that there are many ways to use one. I think a great wiki space would be to set up the different genres that we study in 3rd grade and allow students to add books that they read for a particular genre. The students could also explain why another student should or should not read that particular book. I actually tried a concept like this last year but it was in paper format. We did not keep up with it very well, but using a computer might be a different approach. Students could use the class computers or computers at home to input this information.

I have to say that Common Craft videos with Lee LeFever (sp?) are very helpful. He explains the concepts in such an easy to understand fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment